Friday, April 3, 2009

Moving Day #1

I got here (old building) at 7:45am this morning and it was just me and Dennis. Within 30 minutes there were two semi trucks, a box truck and a sea of humanity from the moving company. Within the first 30 minutes I thought they would be done in an hour. Then the rain came and gave us a 60 minute rain delay. Since then the rain has stopped and they are back at a frenzied pace. Hopefully they will be filled by lunch time and we'll spend the afternoon unloading and unpacking. More on that later.

I wasn't sure how I would feel today. It's a very emotional day for a lot of us. We are extremely excited about the new home and what it will bring for our company but I have been in this building for 11 years and others have been here twice that. For that, it's a very sad day. I actually found myself tearing up a bit thinking about the last 11 years. I moved from Chicago to work in this building, I built a new house working in this building, I got married working in this building and we had our daughter working in this building. There are a lot of memories for me and many others. It's hard to have such emotion that way while also having such excitement about our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment